Disability Safety Hub
The full Disability Safety Hub promotional toolkit is available here, including social media sharing functions, banners, and other materials to promote the Disability Safety Hub in your network.
Your Say on Disability Logos
Please post the Disability Safety Hub Logo on your website or use as your email signature.
We recommend applying alternative text to the images to ensure accessibility. Should you require a different size, please contact us.
Publish this article in your newsletters and websites.
Title: Disability Safety Hub Launched to Tackle Hate Crime
The Disability Safety Hub is a website aimed at disabled people to help them to identify hate crime and help them to report it.
This website wants to show the different ways that disabled people can report a hate crime. The website contains videos, case studies and useful numbers and contacts to help disabled people find the information they need.
Emma Scott, the Equality Projects Manager at Disability Equality Scotland said “Too many disabled people face victimisation and harassment and this website is intended to help disabled people recognise incidents of hate crime as just that – a crime. Too often we hear from disabled people who brush these incidents off as “banter” and they shouldn’t have to put up with this. They can and should report it and the Disability Safety Hub offers support to help them do this.”
The website will be kept up to date with resources and case studies so if anyone has anything they would like to be shared on the website they are encouraged to get in touch with Disability Equality Scotland.
Your feedback is vital in the development of this Hub, to ensure that disabled people are able to access up-to-date resources and case studies.
Tell us what you think! www.disabilitysafety.scot
NOTES TO THE EDITOR
About Disability Equality Scotland
- We are a national charity working to make life more accessible, equal and inclusive for disabled people in Scotland.
- We want disabled people to live as independently as they can.
- We want disabled people to have the same opportunities as everyone else.
- We want disabled people to live a life of dignity and respect.
- We work on behalf of everyone who has any type of impairment. We also work with disability organisations and groups who share our beliefs.
- We are the umbrella organisation for all disability Access Panels in Scotland, providing them with support and guidance to improve the lives of disabled people at a local level throughout Scotland.
- We are membership led. If you are an individual or an organisation, you can join our membership for FREE and help to further our aims.
A better life for disabled people.
Achieving full Access and Inclusion for disabled people in Scotland.
Key Messages (Tweet or post on Facebook)
- Scotland’s newest Hate Crime Hub disabilitysafety.scot Tell us what you think! #DisabilitySafety
- Be informed, be in the know, and be safe! Visit disabilitysafety.scot and tell us what you think! #DisabilitySafety
- Find out what hate crime is and how to report it disabilitysafety.scot #DisabilitySafety